Chicken Tostadas with Cilantro and Lime Crema.
This is my simple and delicious version of a tostada. A tostada is a blank canvas where you can experiment with so many options, colors, and flavors. Every layer is packed with a new taste and texture. I gave it my own twist by adding clean and flavorful ingredients to the traditional Crema Mexicana. I chose Peruvian beans, not only because they are a family tradition, but they don't overpower the other flavors. Pair this dish with your favorite glass of ice cold beer.
Makes 4-6 Tostadas
For the Chicken Tostadas:
- 3 Cups Store Bought Rotisserie Chicken, Shredded
- 4-6 Corn Tostadas
- 1 Cup Canned or Homemade Refried Beans, Warmed
- 2 Cups Cabbage, Thinly Sliced
- 6-8 Radishes, Thinly Sliced
For the Cilantro and Lime Crema
- 1 Cup Crema Mexicana
- The zest of 1 Lime
- The juice of 1 Lime
- 1-2 tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Serrano Chile, Seeded and Diced
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the ingredients for the crema, and set aside.
- Spread the tostadas with the beans, top with chicken, cabbage, and radishes.
- Drizzle the Cilantro and Lime crema over the top.