Chicken and Lemon Spaghetti
The is light pasta dish that is perfect for those warm summer nights. I love how the cilantro really brings out the bright flavor of the lemon. In each bite you also get a bit of kick from the red pepper flakes, and a touch of salt from the parmesan cheese. I chose to use a whole grain spaghetti, for a healthier take, as well as keeping the lightness of the overall dish flowing. This is an easy and delicious option for a weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb. Whole Grain Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Store bought Rotisserie Chicken, Diced
- 1 1/2 Cups Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, Cut into quarters
- I Garlic Clove, Minced or Grated
- 1-2 tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- The juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Broken off into chunks
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- Drain and then transfer to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat 1 tbsp. of the olive oil, then add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the rotisserie chicken, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 3-4 more minutes, until the chicken is heated through.
- Drizzle the spaghetti with the remaining olive oil, then add the lemon zest, and lemon juice. Toss to coat.
- Top with the Chicken and Tomato Mixture, Cilantro, and Parmesan Cheese.
- Gently combine to disperse the ingredients evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary.