Prosciutto,Goat Cheese, and Fig Flatbread
It seems that every year around this time, especially when we are experiencing lovely heat waves, I absolutely can not wait for fall. I know what you are thinking, are there really seasons in California? Okay, so maybe the season changes aren't that evident, but the food and flavors of fall are what I am intrigued by. This recipe screams fall to me. Figs and fall. Those two words just go together. I picked up a jar of "Fig Butter", and I just knew that I had to incorporate it into a recipe. Fig Butter actually contains no butter whatsoever. It is a spread that contains more of the fruit than sugar. What other ingredients go well with fig? Prosciutto, Goat Cheese, and Arugula. Next time you have a craving for pizza, but want to try something a bit different, try out this recipe. You will love it!
- 1 Package Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 3/4 Cup, Fig Butter or Fig Perserves
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Arugula
- 4 Oz. Prosciutto, Roughly Chopped
- 2- 3 oz. Goat Cheese, Crumbled
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Extra- Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 450 Degrees F.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to be about the size of an 11"x17" baking sheet.
- Place the pizza dough on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Spread the fig butter on the cooked pizza dough. Then top with the prosciutto and goat cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, until the cheese has just started to melt.
- Top the baked pizza with the fresh arugula, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Cut into individual pieces. Serve.