Tostaditas de Rajas
Clean and simple ingredients make up these mini tostadas. These little bites are a wonderful appetizer, as well as a great vegetarian option. They are full of character and beautiful colors. Make this recipe as a start to your next dinner party, or even make it a "tapas" night.
Makes 10-12 Tostaditas
- 10-12 Round Tortilla Chips
- 1 Cup Refried Beans
- 1 Cup Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup Avocado, Thinly Sliced
- 2 Roasted Poblano Peppers, Thinly Sliced (Rajas)
- About 1 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Cup Panela, Diced
- 1/4 tsp. Smoked Sea Salt, or Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano Leaves
- About 1 tbsp. Hot Sauce (Optional)
- Place the thinly sliced onions in a bowl with the fresh lime juice, oregano, and Smoked Sea Salt. Let them marinade for about an hour.
- Place the Poblano Peppers directly over a gas flame to roast, rotating often.
- Once they are evenly roasted place in a Ziploc Bag, or a bowl and then cover in plastic wrap.
- After 5-7 minutes peel the charred skin off of the peppers, deseed, and then thinly slice them and set aside.
- To assemble each tostadita: Spread each one with the refried beans, then top with the Rajas, Marinated Onion, Avocado, Panela, and Hot Sauce (Optional).