Tilapia en Papillote
This is a such a tasty and healthy option for both lunch or dinner. The ingredients are very simple, but the fish turns out so moist and full of flavor. You can also substitute the fish with others such as salmon, cod, or even swordfish. Savor each bite of this meal, and pair it with the Cava or white wine that you used to prepare the fish.
- 4 Tilapia Fillets about 4 oz. each
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup Cava Sparkling Wine or White Wine
- 8 Thin slices of Lemon
- 8 Thin slices of Fresh fennel
- 8 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 8 Sprigs of Fresh Parsley
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Cut 8 pieces of parchment paper large enough to place the fish in the middle of them, leaving about a 2 inch border around the edges.
- Brush 4 of the pieces of paper with olive oil.
- Season each filet with salt and pepper and place one on each of the oiled pieces of parchment paper.
- Drizzle the fillets with the Sparkling wine, then top each with 2 slices of lemon, 2 slices of fennel, and 2 sprigs each of thyme and parsley.
- Fold over the edges two times to create a pouch.
- Place the pouches on a baking sheet, and place in the oven until cooked through, about 15-18 minutes.
- Serve the fish in the parchment and have each person spoon the sauce over the fish themselves.