Roasted Red Potato Salad with Bacon Shallot Vinaigrette
Simple ingredients and preparation make this dish and wonderful addition to your poultry or meat entree. The flavors are very clean, yet rich enough that you could eat this potato salad on its own. (Which we might have done for dinner.) The bacon and shallot vinaigrette adds beautiful flavors to the crisp and tender roasted potatoes. Bring this dish to your next family event, or dinner party
For the Roasted Red Potatoes:
- 6 to 8 Small Red Potatoes, quartered into about 1/2" pieces
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Grated
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Tarragon, Chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1-2 tbsp. Fresh Chives, Chopped
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Shallot, Diced
- 2- 3 Thick Slices Bacon, Diced
- 6-8 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees F. In a large bowl toss and coat the potatoes with all of the ingredients.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet, and roast for 25-30 minutes, Until tender and golden in color.
- Meanwhile, In a non stick skillet cook the bacon until crispy, then transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Dice the bacon once you are able to handle it.
- Pour out about half of the grease from the bacon, then add the shallot and cook until tender about 5-7 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the vinegar, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper. Then slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Stir in the bacon and shallot. Check your dressing, and season if necessary.
- Transfer the roasted potatoes to a serving bowl, pour the dressing over the top.
- Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the Fresh Chives.