Pasta with Endive and Lemon
This pasta dish is light, refreshing, and perfect for the summer! The bright flavors add a different dimension to any of your favorite type of noodles. Enjoy with a glass of crisp white wine like Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc.
- 1lb. Your Favorite Pasta
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Shallot, Coarsely Chopped
- 2 Heads of Endive, Thinly Sliced
- The zest of 1 lemon
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tbsp. Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, Chopped
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus 1 tbsp.
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Heat the 1 tbsp. of olive oil and add the garlic to the pan, heat until fragrant about 30 seconds, then add the shallot.
- Cook the shallot until softened about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the endive, season with salt and pepper, and cook until softened about 5-7 minutes.
- Use tongs to place the cooked pasta into a serving dish.
- Add the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and endive mixture.
- Toss to coat the pasta and then add the fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese if using.