Lemon and Shallot Scallops
I love the way that the sweet scallops compliment the tangy lemon, and sharpness of the shallots. Serve this as a start to your meal, or as a light entree. The scallops are meaty and hold up nicely to vinaigrettes and other dressings. This is a wonderful recipe for a summertime meal dining al fresco.
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Plus more for drizzling
- 2 tsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Pound Scallops
- 1 Large Shallot, Minced
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Chives, Chopped
- 2-3 Cups Mixed Salad Greens
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add the scallops to the pan and cook for 2 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Transfer them to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the butter to the same pan. Then add the shallots, and garlic, sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and wine to the pan. Stir and sauté for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the scallops back into the pan. Spoon the sauce over the top. Remove from the heat, then sprinkle in the fresh parsley and lemon zest.
- Place the mixed greens on serving plates, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with the scallops, sauce, and fresh chives.
- Serve immediately.