Herbed Goat Cheese and Caramelized Shallot Sandwich
This is a very simple recipe, but the flavors combine and create an exquisite sandwich. The creamy and tangy goat cheese meshes together with the sweetness of the caramelized shallots to make an ideal pairing. These would be a great addition to any summer picnic.
- ½ Fresh French Baguette, cut into two pieces
- About 2 oz. Herbed Goat Cheese
- 1 Large Shallot, Thinly Sliced
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Mixed Greens
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F. Heat a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Slice the two pieces of baguette in half, and drizzle each half with olive oil. Place the oiled side down in the nonstick skillet, until lightly toasted about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet on medium high heat, melt the butter with the oil, and add the shallots. Turn down the heat to medium or medium low heat. Sauté until caramelized, about 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper about halfway through the cooking process.
- Spread the goat cheese on each half of baguette and disperse the caramelized shallots evenly on each sandwich, place on a baking sheet, and bake in the oven until the cheese is just melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lettuce garnish and serve.