Who else is loving this spurt of warm weather in January? You have to love Southern California, where one day it is pouring rain, and the next it's close to 80 Degrees. Lemonade is a top thirst quencher in my book (Next to a Michelada of course), when the weather warms up. The little Chia seeds are an addition that pack a nutritious punch. They are a great source of fiber, protein, and omega-3's. Your first sip will probably have you wanting to drink the whole pitcher yourself, but it's always nice to share this delicious and refreshing drink. A super simple lemonade recipe, with added health benefits? Sign me up! Recipe Courtesy of Marcela Valladolid's 'Mexican Made Easy'
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 5 Cups Cold Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- In a medium bowl, mix the chia seeds with 1 cup of cold water.
- Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse the seeds.
- Mix the remaining 4 cups cold water and the sugar in a medium pitcher, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the lime juice and stir to combine.
- Mix in the chia seeds and serve cold.