Baked Mahi Mahi with Bell Pepper and Cilantro Pesto
This is a light, healthy, and delicious dish. The pesto is full of sweet, sharp, and clean flavors. I think I might be on a pesto kick, but it really is so rewarding figuring out new combinations. The sauce is versatile and would work well with both poultry and shellfish, such as scallops. I paired it with a chilled glass of Rose, for the perfect summertime dinner.
Makes 2 Servings
- 2 Mahi Mahi Fillets about 4-6 Ounces each
- 1 1/2 Cups Bell Pepper, Sliced ( I used Yellow)
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled
- 1/2 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Lime zest
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt, Plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Plus more for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F
- Line a Baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season the Mahi Mahi with salt and pepper.
- Bake until cooked through, and firm to touch, about 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Place the garlic, pine nuts, and lime zest into a food processor or blender. Blend until combined.
- Add in the bell pepper, Parmesan cheese, Cilantro,lime juice, and salt and pepper. Blend together until smooth,
- With the food processor or blender still running, slowly add the olive oil until well combined. Taste and then season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Place the baked Mahi Mahi on to plates, and drizzle the pesto over the top. Serve Immediately.